BALANCE: A SUMMER SOLSTICE GATHERING
June 21-22, 2019
What a difference a day and a night can make!
Come join Earth Walks for a restorative and energizing overnight journey with the earth, sky, water and spirit at Bodhi Manda Zen Center, Jemez Spring New Mexico. You are invited to help co-create an alchemical experience with whatever you wish to bring—music, movement, outstanding jokes or simply your presence.
While not a meditation retreat, participants will be welcome to join Abbess Hosen and Bodhi community members in early morning meditations.Here’s a sample of what some of those attending are offering as possible elements to this magical Solstice brew—all optional:
- Simple stress relieving practices for our overworked adrenals
- A 3-minute reading by a published author’s from her book with a short dialogue on the uses of denial
- Evening musical jam session with guitars, dulcimer, drums, voices and movement
- A step into a 22-inch crystal bowl with sacred sound vibration to clear the body, mind and spirit for more presence and vital life force.
- Visiting the site of the 700 year old village of Giusewa, built by ancestors of the present-day Jemez Pueblo. Site staff share this history through the words of the Jemez people.
- Volunteer time in the flourishing garden with Bodhi “Woofers” (staff who are part of the Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms)
- Following the retreat, an afternoon hike in the Jemez Mountains
Most importantly, there will be time for quiet reflection. Hot springs along the Jemez River at Bodhi beckon to participants night and day. If you need time alone at the gathering, you are warmly encouraged to do so whenever the spirit moves. Balance is the theme for this Solstice retreat.
Plans: Departure from Santa Fe at 9 a.m., Friday June 21, 2019. Travel by carpool. Return, following the noon meal, Saturday, June 22. Participants are welcome to linger longer and stay another night if they wish. Cost: Only $110 per night (includes lodging and four delicious meals).
Registration: Due by June 14. Contact Earth Walks firstname.lastname@example.org (A limited number of private rooms may be available at slightly higher cost.)